Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Rite of Passage (of sorts)

After much deliberation over the past year, Emma decided that she would get her ears pierced! We found out that our pediatrician's office does it, and we just so happened to have an appointment for Mac. She was a little undecided last night, but the first words out of her mouth this morning were, "Mom, I've decided that I definately want to get my ears pierced today." Okay, I still thought she would waffle on her decision. Nope. No way. No how. She did not waffle. So I called the doctor's office and they could do it at the same time as Mac's check up. Emma was a tough little thing. She didn't even get very nervous. I didn't even have to hold her hand. Stoic. So here's before:

Then getting her ears cleaned and marker dots put on:
And wah-lah! Sparkly little earrings for a sparkly little girl. She didn't even flinch, though she was a little stunned when all was said and done. It took a minute for it to sink in that she actually put holes in her ears, but after that minute was up, she was ecstatic!




No comments: